Healthy SPICE BAG Acti-fry or Wok ( Easy )
- 2 fresh Chicken fillets or buy the strips ready cut 2c
- 4 tbsp. cornflour or Panko breadcrumbs.
- (Potato starch or rice flour can also be used to create a more authentic coating)
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 pinches of spice bag seasoning
- 1 red pepper/green pepper ( sliced)
- 1 red chilli ( sliced )
- 1 small onion ( sliced )
- Low calorie spray or sunflower/ Donegal rapeseed Garlic oil
- 2 Handful of fresh cut Chips or oven chips
- Firstly prepare Chicken fillets by cutting into approximately 3 inch strips
- Whisk egg in a bowl, add cornflour or breadcrumbs to the other bowl along with the spice bag seasoning, Leave a side or in the fridge
- Start cutting all the vegetables, set aside.
Let’s get cook:
- Add sliced onion, a handful of sliced green & red pepper, 1 freshly chopped chilli, in a heavy based frying pan or wok or if you have an Acti-fry oven.
- Now it’s time to get messy!! I use one hand for dipping the egg and the other for crumbing. Dip each cube in the egg and then in the crumb mix and onto a plate while you repeat the process for the rest of the chicken.
- Using a Acti – set at 35mins, put in raw chicken strips & chips, after 15 mins add the veg, spice bag seasoning, cook until time ends.
- Finger pinch Sprinkle the spice bag seasoning if needed more to your taste before serving