"ChanChan Street sauce Hot Wings"
ChanChan Hot Wings !!
How to Make ChanChan hot wings in the Oven
The last thing I want to do if there's a party happening and a major game on the television is man the deep-fryer back in the kitchen. But you can't have a Game Day party without hot chicken wings on the buffet table — inconceivable. The solution, obviously, is to turn to the next best thing: the oven.
Doused in a double dose of hot sauce — first to marinate and then to coat — these oven-baked wings are arguably just as crispy, just as sticky, and just as addictive as their deep-fried brethren. Here's how to make a batch for yourself; you only need four ingredients! (Not including the blue cheese and celery!)
Makes 6 to 8 servings
What You Need
- 24 wings chicken
- half bottle of ChanChan Street sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Extras :
- fresh limes, to serve
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing, to serve
- Celery sticks, to serve
Putting it together !
Prepare the chicken wings, if necessary: If the wings are whole and not yet separated, use a chef's knife or kitchen shears to cut through the first joint of the wing and remove the wing tip. Discard or keep for stock. If you'd like smaller pieces, you can also cut through the second joint to separate the wing into the forearm and upper arm portions.
- Coat the wings with the Hong Kong street sauce: Transfer the wings to a mixing bowl. Pour half the hot sauce over them and toss to coat.
- Marinate the wings: Cover the bowl and marinate on the counter for 20 to 30 minutes, or in a plastic freezer zip bag and into the refrigerator for up to 24 hours for extra marinate
- Preheat the oven to 170c : When ready to cook the wings, Line a dish or oven tray with a baking sheet
- Transfer the wings to the baking sheet: Remove the wings from the marinade
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip.
- Bake for another 15 minutes. The wings are done when the skin is crispy and the meat pulls easily from the bones.
- Toss some more Hong Kong street sauce over the wings and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately: Transfer the wings to a serving tray and serve while still piping hot sprinkle on sesame seeds and half fresh limes alongside !!! or with the blue cheese dressing and celery sticks alongside.
- Enjoy the soon to be famous asian style hot wings !!