Easy Homemade Chorizo, Mozzeralla & Tomato Pizza with Hong Kong Street Sauce
For the base
- 200g strong white flour plus extra for dusting
- 7g fast-action dried yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 140ml water, warm
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus extra for brushing
- 200g chopped tomatoes (sieved tomatoes)
- 150g Hong Kong Street Sauce
- 2 mozzarella balls, drained and cut into thick slices
- 200g slices chorizo or pepperoni
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
If you like it hot, you can always drizzle a little chilli oil on top before serving.
Putting it Together:
- Prepare 2 baking trays by pouring 1 tablespoon of oil on each tray and spreading it with your fingers or pastry brush. Brush the inside of a large bowl with oil.
- To prepare the dough, put the flour, yeast and salt into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the water with 1 tablespoon of oil. Use a wooden spoon to mix everything together to create a wet dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface and work it with your hands for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in the oiled bowl, brush the top with oil and cover with Clingfilm. Leave to rest at room temperature for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Once rested, turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface and divide it into 2 equal halves. Use your hands to push each one out from the centre, to create 2 round discs about 25cm in diameter. Place the pizza bases on the oiled baking trays.
- Spread the HONG KONG Street Sauce & chopped drained tomatoes evenly over the top of the bases using the back of a tablespoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the sliced mozzarella & Chorizo between the 2 pizzas and drizzle each one with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Cook in the middle of the oven for 18 minutes until golden brown. Two minutes before the end of the cooking, scatter over the basil and continue to cook.
- Serve hot and enjoy