Hong Kong Style Chicken & Rice Vermicelli in Street Sauce Broth
Hong Kong style Chicken & rice vermicelli noodles in a Street Sauce Broth
Try this for the windy autumn night and the cold slowly creeping in! This will not disappoint! For me the ultimate comfort food for autumn. Enjoy!
You will need!
- · 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- · 6 tablespoons Hong Kong Street Sauce
- · 8 oz. boneless chicken breast or thighs, sliced
- · 500ml chicken stock cube broth
- · 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- · 100ml coconut milk
- · 6 oz. dried rice vermicelli noodles ( ultra-fine)
- · 1 lime, juiced
- · Sliced red onion, red chilies, cilantro, scallions to garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the oil, garlic, ginger, and Hong Kong street sauce. Fry for 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook for a couple minutes, just until the chicken goes white
- Add the chicken broth, water, fish sauce, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. At this point, taste the broth for salt and adjust seasoning accordingly (add salt if needed, or if it’s too salty, add a bit of water).
- Add dried vermicelli noodles in your soup broth and cook for 4 mins until soft, add a squeeze of lime juice and your garnishes, and serve. The noodles will be ready to eat in a couple minutes.
- Divide among serving bowls).