Hong kong Style Crispy Fried Chicken Wings
Serves: 4 servings
- 3 lbs chicken wings, cut in to drumettes and wingettes
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup potato starch
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sesame seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 5 tbsp ChanChan Street Sauce
- Heat a large non-stick wok over medium high heat. Add a drop of vegetable oil, and garlic; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add ChanChan Street Sauce, vinegar, stir and mix for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place chicken wings in a big mixing bowl. Add ginger, salt and black pepper; using your hand, mix until well blended.
- Place potato starch in a shallow dish. Roll each wing in the powder; shake off excess powder.
- Heat oil in fryer to 165c, Add wings few at a time and cook for 6 minutes, turning a few times using a tong. Drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Refry the wings, for another 4-6 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Reheat the sauce; add the hot chicken wings. Mix well until wings are fully coated with sauce.
- Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Serve and enjoy!