Hong Kong Street Sauce Grilled Dublin Bay Prawns with Summer Heirloom Tomatoes
Summer Heirloom Tomato Salad with HONG KONG STREET SAUCE Grilled Tiger Prawns Coconut oil & Balsamic Dressing
· 300g large Dublin Bay Prawns Raw (Peeled)
· 300g Hong Kong Street Sauce
· 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
· 4 large handfuls mixed Heirloom tomatoes
· Vine ripe Cherry Tomatoes
· sea salt
· freshly ground black pepper
· extra virgin olive oil
· ½ clove garlic, grated
· 1 small handful fresh flat leaf parley
1. Cut the bigger tomatoes into slices about 1cm/½ inch thick. You can halve the cherry
Tomatoes or leave them whole for roasting.
2. Then sprinkle them all with a good dusting of sea salt. Put
Them in a colander and leave them for 4 minutes. What's going to happen here is that the
Salt will draw the excess moisture out of the tomatoes, intensifying their flavour. Don't
Worry about the salad being too salty, as a lot of the salt drips away.
3. Toss the Chanchan STREET SAUCE in a bowl with the prawns and place on oven tray and
Cook on a pre heated barbecue or under a hot grill for about 6 minutes so is cooked through and the prawns have turned bright pink from Raw or just give them a light char if cooked.
4. Place the tomatoes in a large bowl and dress with enough extra virgin olive oil to loosen
(Approximately 6 tablespoons), and 1–2 tablespoons of vinegar, but do add these to your
Own taste. Toss around and check for seasoning – you may or may not need salt but will
Certainly need pepper. Add the garlic. Now start to add the chopped basil. Stir in a couple of
Teaspoons to begin with, toss around and taste.
5. All I do now is get some picked flat leaf parsley and mix this into the tomatoes. Toss everything together and serve as a wonderful salad... Enjoy!