" Xmas Snack Bowls " Black Garlic spicy miso shredded leftover turkey stew
Shredded Turkey snack stew bowls
After christmas day there is always some left over turkey and what a perfect way to use it up for something different and with a bit of spice ! yum
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 300 g butternut squash
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 4 tablespoons of ChanChan black garlic miso or Hong Kong street sauce
- 500 g leftover cooked turkey meat
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 750 ml hot chicken stock
- 300 g basmati rice
- fresh coriander torn with your fingers
- Peel and slice the onion and garlic, slice up the carrot, and cut the squash into 5mm chunks. Peel and finely grate the ginger.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, then add the onion, garlic, carrot, ginger. Pop the lid on and cook, stirring occasionally, until all the vegetables are soft, cooked through and lightly golden.
- Add the butternut squash, tomato purée and curry paste, then shred in the turkey, and stir well, making sure everything is well coated. Add the chopped tomatoes and season with sea salt and black pepper & and add the street sauce or the black garlic sauce and stir
- Pour in the hot stock and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Now add the basmati rice and simmer for a further 10 minutes, until the rice is cooked. Season to taste, serve in big bowls and pick over the coriander leaves to garnish.