Irish FIllet of Salmon, Marinated in Miso Hot Sauce, Tomato, Avocado, Lime dressing
Irish fillet salmon with Miso Hot sauce Marinate, Tomato, Avocado & lime
You will need :
- 300g salmon fillet (tip: try and find 2 pieces of 150g)
- 1 red onion
- 1 Ready to eat avocado
- 3 small sized ripe vine tomatoes
- 1/2 lime
- 3 tbsp. Donegal rapeseed oil
- 1 green Spanish pepper
- 2 tablespoons of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 50ml Hong Kong Street Sauce, OR our Black Garlic jot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of Chinese rice wine
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Salt & pepper (5 grinds of each)
- Optional: green salsa
putting it together:
- Make sure that you start at least 40 mins before you want to serve this recipe! In case you bought on piece of salmon for 2 people: cut it in half. Mix together honey, rice wine and Hong KONG Street Sauce and a few grinds of pepper and salt. Take a zip freezer bag that can fit your salmon pieces. Put sauce and salmon in rub the marinade all over the top of the salmon and then flip the salmon over and do the same for the bottom and put it in the fridge for at least 40 mins and flip the salmon over halfway through.
- Once the salmon has sufficiently marinated, take it out of the fridge. If you prefer it to be as spicy as you can, pour all the remaining marinade on top of the salmon once you start to cook it. Heat up some Donegal Rapeseed oil in a frying pan and sear the salmon on both sides, until it’s baked fully through and is no longer pink on the inside. This really depends on the thickness of the salmon, but it took me about 5 minutes on med heat on each side. Alternatively, you can also grill the salmon on a barbecue or grill.
- Next up is the salsa! Slice up the red onion in small rings, slice the tomatoes up in small chunks and do the same for the avocado.
- Drizzle some lime juice on op, stir it all together a bit and then add the flat-leaf parsley. You can serve this with some green mixed leaves salads, but it’s not necessary.