Grilled BBQ Tofu with Miso BBQ Street Sauce
You will need :
- 1 14-ounce package of firm tofu ( from the Asia Market)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar ( or Caster Sugar)
- 3/4 cup tamari ( or Light Soy Sauce)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2–1 tablespoon Hong Kong Street Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic cloves, squeezed through a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon water
- Toasted Black & White Sesame seeds
Putting It together:
- In a saucepan, combine the coconut sugar, tamari/ Soy Sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, Street Sauce, sesame oil, black pepper, ginger, and garlic. Heat on high and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Slice the tofu in slabs, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium high heat. Add a spoonful of your favorite cooking oil.
- Add the tofu in a single layer and fry until golden, then flip over and fry the other side.
- brush on the BBQ sauce.
- Leave on the heat for 1-2 minutes. Serve.