Fried Aubergine with Miso Hot Sauce
Miso eggplant is a Japanese favorite. When fried with the sake and sugar mix, the Aubergine takes on a salty caramel type flavour. with our Hong Kong Street Sauce, it takes a hint of spice. This dish could be served as part of a bigger meal, or with a bowl of rice and a miso soup on the side.
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 dried red chilies
- 4 tbsp sake
- 200g Hong Kong Street Sauce
- 3 tbsp pure sesame oil
- 2 tbsp julienne of coriander
Putting it together
1. Cut the eggplants into three-centimetre dice. Crush the chillies in a mortar and pestle. Mix the sake, Hong Kong Street sauce in a cup.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the chilli. When the oil is smoking, add the eggplant, fry for about eight to 10 minutes until tender.
3. Lower the heat and add the sake mix, stir for two to three minutes, stirring, for another couple of minutes. Spoon on to a plate and sprinkle with coriander.