Steamed Fillet of Irish Hake with Ginger, Spring Onion & Soy
Steamed Atlantic Hake with Ginger, Coriander, Spring Onion, Soy, On a bed of Stir Fried Asian Greens
You will need :
•1 medium FILLET of Hake/Seabass/Sole/turbot or halibut.
• 2 scallions
• fresh ginger, about 2 tablespoons Thinly Sliced
• 1 small bunch of coriander
• 2 tablespoons LIGHT soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons water
• 2 tablespoons neutral oil
• Mixed Asian greens. Pak Choi, water cress, choi sum etc.
Table Spoon Of Hong Kong Street Sauce
lets cook :
- slice thin strips the scallion and ginger and set aside. Give the Coriander a rough chop and set that aside as well.
- Combine the soy sauce, salt, and water into a small bowl and mix well. Set that aside.
- Carefully lay your fish out onto a heatproof plate or a bowl that fits in the bamboo steamer …
- And prepare your steamer setup, which these days you can purchase easily online or at the store. What also works is a wok or large saucepan or pot with a cover and small round metal elevated rack you can put the plate on. I’ve even used a cleaned empty tuna can for the plate to sit on, and it works just fine
- steam the hake with a rule of 1 oz per 1 Minute on full steam.
- Heat a small saucepan to medium to med heat and add 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil. Add the ginger and let it brown lightly, about a minute.
- Then add the rest of the scallions. The mixture should be sizzling right about now…
- Next, add your soy mixture to the saucepan and keep the heat on high to keep everything sizzling.
- pure over the cooked fish with the scallions mix and a drop of Hong Kong Street Sauce